Databases for Finding Health & Psychological Instruments
NOTE: In many cases, complete instruments will be published in journal articles. Other instruments may require a license fee to obtain and/or administer them. Fees may vary from one test to another and/or may depend on the number of times the test is administered. NYUHSL does not provide these licenses or funding to obtain them.
- NOTE: Link above redirects to OVID Medline. Click "Change" next to "1 Resource Selected" and choose "Health and Psychosocial Instruments" from list of databases to search HaPI.
- Indexes use of tests and measurement instruments in public health, nursing, psychology, human resources, sociology, and communication literature.
- Search Tip: Select Primary Source under Limits on the search screen to limit the results to articles that contain the complete instrument or articles that assess the instrument's validity/reliability. View demo video
- Original reviews of and citations to articles about available educational, psychological, and vocational tests.
- Index of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) and quality of life (QOL) instruments.
- No full tests, but citations for original articles featuring the instruments.
- Summaries, full text, and citations on the development and assessment of tests and measures that can be used in research and teaching.
- Search Tip: Enter PsycNET and de-select all Databases except PsycTESTS to search the tests subset. (Link to PsycTESTS tutorials)
- Index of APA publications identifying psychologically relevant material.
- Search Tip: The TM field ["tests and measures" field] contains the names of published tests and measures mentioned in the source document.
- Search Tip: Medical Subject Headings (MESH) for the concept of tests and measurement include: questionnaires, psychological tests, psychometrics outcome, and process assessment (health care).
- Index of the literature of nursing and the allied health professions.
- Search Tip: To limit your search to research instruments, go to Search Options and scroll down to Publication Types. Select “research instrument” under Publication Type. View demo video
- Full text of freely available instruments from the Society for Advancement of Violence and Injury Research (SAVIR).
- Search Tip: Select "Research Forms & Instruments" from the publication type search limits at the bottom of the page.