JournalTOCs, Read by QxMD and Docphin all work with NYU Health Sciences library's authentication, which allows you access to NYU's subscriptions.
Unlike the TOC emails you get from individual journals, these resources allow you to view the full-text of articles instantly.
Note: These applications do not offer all of NYU's ~11,000 journals.
The library provides JournalTOCs, a website for quickly and easily signing up to receive table of contents notices by email from your favorite journals.
To learn how to use JournalTOCs either watch this short video, or follow the step-by-step directions below:
1. Go to JournalTOCs
2. Create a free account using your @nyumc.org, @med.nyu.edu, or @nyu.edu email address.
3. Use the search box on the left hand side to search for a journal by title, e.g., “Lancet Neurology.”
4. Select the check box to receive notification of new tables of contents from this journal.
5. Make sure to select the check box for “Email Alerts is On.”
6. Go to “Account Settings” to set the frequency to receive alerts – from once a day to once a month. You can also deactivate alerts in case you plan to be out of the office for an extended period.
Read by QxMD
1. Download the app onto your device.
2. Login via facebook or email (it doesn't have to be your NYU email)
3. From the landing page, go to settings (gears icon) and under Account Settings tap Institutional Access
4. Tap "Automatic Login Using Library Login"
5. Under proxy settings, search for New York University and select New York University Health Sciences Libraries
6. Sign in with your KID/NetID and password
1. Download the app onto your device
2. Register via your email (it doesn't have to be your NYU email)
3. From the landing page, tap on the three bars in the right-hand corner and then the gear icon (settings)
4. Click on your institution (default is "not affiliated")
5. Chose New York University as your affiliation