Indexes for Finding Instruments
127 collections have been indexed to provide access to citations for approximately 12,000 measures. This is simply a list of some of the tests that can be found quickly in compilation volumes available in many libraries. This site was designed as a service to locate tests, measures, instruments, etc. when there is a known title and a copy of the test is desired.
A "deep index" of books that contain instruments, some with numerous examples, and some with only 1-2. This resource is a nice compliment to the above "Tests in Compilation Volumes" list.
Books of Instruments
The books listed here are available at the NYU Bobst Library and can be requested through our Inter-library Loan service. Click here to submit a request.
- Maddox, Taddy, Tests: a Comprehensive Reference for Assessments in Psychology, Education, and Business, 6th edition. Austin, TX: Pro-Ed, 2008.
From the APA: Tests is a bibliographic encyclopedia containing information on thousands of testing instruments in psychology, education, and business. It provides concise descriptions of tests, with each entry including the test title and author, the intended population, the tests purpose, the major features, the administration time, the scoring method, the cost and availability, and the primary publisher.
- Corcoran, Kevin and Joel Fisher, Measures for Clinical Practice and Research: a Sourcebook, 4th edition. New York: Oxford University Press, 2007. 2 volumes.
In addition to discussing the essential features of measurement, these two volumes present hundreds of relatively brief questionnaires on a wide range of emotional and behavioral problems of couples, families, children and adults.
- Measures of Personality and Social Psychological Attitudes. San Diego: Academic Press, 1991. 2 volumes.
Includes evaluations of 150 scales along with the test questions.
- Alpiner, Jerome G., and Patricia A. McCarthy. Rehabilitative Audiology: Children and Adults. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2000.
- Redman, Barbara Klug. Measurement Tools in Patient Education. 2nd ed. New York: Springer Pub., 2003.